I have about 2 pints of juice/smoothies a day. Its a great way to get more veggies and fruit into my body.
I use a variety of vegetables and fruit but my favourites are below:
- Veg – Kale, Spinach, Lettuce, Cucumber, Beetroot, Carrots, Celery…
- Fruit – Apples, Banana, Berries, Pineapple, Pears, Mango …
- Fat/Protein – Avocado, Nuts, Seeds, Nut Butters
- Lemon, Limes and honey for additional flavour
The focus is 3/4 veg and less fruit, a palm full will do.
However, sometimes we get that sugar craving so try my delicious Banana and nut smoothie.
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 palm full of mixed nuts
- 2 tbls of natural yoghurt
- Coconut milk to desired consistency
- Little honey (as sweet as you desire)
- blend and drink
There are so many choices online and I came across this amazing smoothie website called Easy Healthy Smoothie. Excellent ideas and health tips. Check out the link EASY HEALTHY SMOOTHIE