- 24 hours before your treatment try eating light healthy meals along with lots of water and try to avoid alcohol, fizzy drinks and caffeine.
- To avoid disappointment – should you be unwell, pregnant or recovering from a serious illness, then colonic irrigation is not recommended at this time.
- Please read carefully the contraindications – reasons why you can’t have a colonic CLICK ME FOR INFO. Please inform me immediately should you have any of these conditions to assess whether its safe to proceed.
- Please arrive on time, there is no waiting area I’m afraid so please do not come upstairs to respect peoples privacy. Please notify me of your arrival by text 07737 204866 or via the ‘Ring’ doorbell. If you arrive early you’re welcome to peruse ‘Conscience Foods and Lifestyle’, wait outside or come back at the time of your appointment, thank you.
- You will be given a full consultation to decipher the reasons for choosing colonic hydrotherapy and identify any areas which need attention, to ensure you get the most from your session.
- Your therapist will also explain the procedure and what to expect so you are comfortable and confident to proceed.
- A small speculum is carefully inserted into your bowel through the rectum. The tube is small and many people hardly feel the insertion due to its size and the lubrication used. The speculum allows warm filtered water to enter the colon to its entire length at a controlled rate. The water gently removes faecal matter and this is released through a transparent pipe and monitored by your therapist.
- During your treatment you will also receive an abdominal massage which aids with the release of waste from the colon.
- The whole process can be felt but not painful; the sensation that could be felt is slight cramping due to gas or waste accumulation.
- All of the equipment is disposable and hygienically prepared just before your treatment to ensure 100% cleanliness.
- The treatment is private and confidential. You will be made to feel very comfortable and at ease to ensure you enjoy and reap the benefits of colonic irrigation.
- The system is enclosed so mess and odour is not an issue.
- The entire session should take about an hour with the treatment taking no longer than 30 – 40 minutes
- The therapy room is private and secure.
- After your treatment it is advisable not to consume alcohol, carbonated drinks or unhealthy food for 24 hours. However, it is strongly recommended that you top up on friendly bacteria as your system will be empty. Pro-biotic (fermented) foods such as natural yoghurt or miso help put the friendly bacteria back into your system.
- Due to this cleansed environment of the colon, regular bowel movements may take a few days or longer to resume. This is a good sign of a healthy positive change.
- Your body would also have absorbed a lot of water following the treatment and so you may notice an increased need to urinate, again this is a good sign as your body will be fully hydrated and flushed of toxins.
- It is advised to continue consuming several glasses of water after your treatment to fully flush everything out. Avoid drinking ice cold water, drink room temperature water to warm water.
- If you have suffered with a long standing condition of constipation or health problems, a slight headache of fatigue may be experienced with the first or second colonic. If this is experienced, then a good rest will help restore the balance.
- Following the treatment most can go about their day as normal. This treatment could easily be taken within your lunch hour at work.
- It is advisable to see this treatment as a new start to a healthier diet and more active lifestyle. This “internal shower” will give you the right frame of mind to continue on your path to a better, brighter future.
- Please follow all of the advice given, to ensure you stay fit, slim and healthy for the future.