INFORMATION ON COLONICS AND HERBAL ENEMAS
This treatment is an effective and safe process of cleansing the colon. This cleanse is done with purified filtered water, which removes colon waste – an “internal shower” which will leave you feeling healthier and energised.
Colonic irrigation is quick and effective at detoxifying the colon from a build-up of wastes, yeasts and toxins. An accumulation of these waste products has a harmful effect on the body and slows many of its processes. Poor elimination can lead to chronic conditions like IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), diarrhoea, headaches, skin problems, bloating, constipation, diverticulitis, asthmas, sleeping problems, depression, weight gain, many allergies and much more…. You’d be surprised how many of your daily symptoms will come from your impacted and sluggish colon.
The purified water passes through the colon, exercising and toning the bowel which aids the removal of waste and toxins. By removing these harmful waste products from the body it is then free to absorb nutrients and water resulting in better digestion of food, enabling the body to repair itself.
For a successful Colonic Herbal Enema this is recommended after a course of colonic hydrotherapy treatments, ensuring the colon is cleansed for better absorption of the herbal infusion.
A healthy colon is a happier you!!! Remember if your belly isn’t happy then neither are you. The brain and the gut are closely connected, we must look after our digestion to prevent disease and stay healthy! Don’t you want to feel good?
BENEFITS WHICH COULD BE EXPERIENCED FROM COLONIC IRRIGATION AND HERBAL ENEMAS:
- Feeling Healthier
- Improved bowel function by removing colon wastes.
- Regulating the transit time for waste leaving the body
- A rehydrated large intestine (also known as colon or bowel)
- Clearer and healthier looking skin (helps reduce and can clear acne and Psoriasis)
- Reduction in headaches/migraines
- Better sleeping patterns
- Acne, psoriasis and other skin complaints
- Helps with stress and anxiety
- Helps improve liver and gall bladder function
- Mental or physical sluggishness
- Relieves and improves constipation
- Strengthened immune system
- Better absorption of essential vitamins and minerals
- Helps with bloating, flatulence, diarrhoea and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Aids weight loss
- Body odour
- Poor appetite or food cravings
- Relieves allergies, asthma and arthritis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and M.E.
- Relieves Haemorrhoids
- Leaves you feeling positive and happy
- Feeling refreshed and energised
- Kick starting a healthier lifestyle
- A greater sense of well-being
*As every person has a different diet and lifestyle, a course of treatments could be recommended to ensure you reap the rewards of Colonic Irrigation.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM COLONICS:
- 24 hours before your treatment try eating light healthy meals along with lots of water and try to avoid alcohol and coffee.
- To avoid disappointment – should you be unwell, pregnant or recovering from a serious illness, then colonic irrigation is not recommended at this time.
- You will be given a full consultation to decipher the reasons for choosing colonic hydrotherapy and identify any areas which need attention, to ensure you get the most from your session.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your treatment so you have time to fill in your questionnaire and ensure your treatment runs smoothly.
- Your therapist will also explain the procedure and what to expect so you are comfortable and confident to proceed.
- A small speculum is carefully inserted into your bowel through the rectum. The tube is small and many people hardly feel the insertion due to its size and the lubrication used. The speculum allows warm filtered water to enter the colon to its entire length at a controlled rate. The water gently removes faecal matter and this is released through a transparent pipe and monitored by your therapist.
- During your treatment you will also receive an abdominal massage which aids with the release of waste from the colon.
- The whole process can be felt but not painful; the sensation that could be felt is slight cramping due to gas or waste accumulation.
- All of the equipment is disposable and hygienically prepared just before your treatment to ensure 100% cleanliness.
- The treatment is private and confidential. You will be made to feel very comfortable and at ease to ensure you enjoy and reap the benefits of colonic irrigation.
- The system is enclosed so mess and odour is not an issue.
- The entire session should take about an hour with the treatment taking no longer than 30 – 40 minutes
- After your treatment it is advisable not to consume alcohol, carbonated drinks or unhealthy food for 24 hours. However, it is strongly recommended that you top up on friendly bacteria as your system will be empty. Pro-biotic (fermented) foods such as natural yoghurt or miso help put the friendly bacteria back into your system.
- Due to this cleansed environment of the colon, regular bowel movements may take a few days or longer to resume. This is a good sign of a healthy positive change.
- Your body would also have absorbed a lot of water following the treatment and so you may notice an increased need to urinate, again this is a good sign as your body will be fully hydrated and flushed of toxins.
- It is advised to continue consuming several glasses of water after your treatment to fully flush everything out. Avoid drinking ice cold water, drink room temperature water to warm water.
- If you have suffered with a long standing condition of constipation or health problems, a slight headache of fatigue may be experienced with the first or second colonic. If this is experienced, then a good rest will help restore the balance.
- Following the treatment most can go about their day as normal. This treatment could easily be taken within your lunch hour at work.
- It is advisable to see this treatment as a new start to a healthier diet and more active lifestyle. This “internal shower” will give you the right frame of mind to continue on your path to a better, brighter future.
- Please follow all of the advice given to your to ensure you stay fit, slim and healthy for the future.